Thanksgiving Family Tradition #1 – Turkey Bowling
2. Make A Gratitude Garland
2. Make A Thanksgiving DinnerThe Thanksgiving meal and eating food is the main part of the day that everything else revolves around. Have fun making dishes together or divvying the menu up so that everyone makes a dish or two. Check out this list of vegan Thanksgiving recipes.
3. Make Thanksgiving Pies
4. Play Thanksgiving Mad Libs
5. Decorate The House For Thanksgiving
6. Run A Turkey TrotIf you have an active family, then running or walking a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning would be a lot of fun. If not everyone wants to participate, then some family members can watch and cheer the others on.
7. Read Thanksgiving Books18 Children’s Books You Have To Read To Your Twins
8. Make A Gratitude Jar
9. Watch The National Dog ShowThe National Dog Show is on after the parade. It’s fun to see the dogs and relax after dinner for a little bit.
10. Play Board Games
11. Gratitude Tree
12. Learn Thanksgiving’s HistoryThis is a good time to brush up on the history of Thanksgiving for yourself or you can teach your kids about it.
14. Go For A WalkI love going on a walk after Thanksgiving dinner if the weather is good. It can be hard to want to with how full you’ll be, but if you have kids, they’ll love running around.
15. Make A Fun Appetizer
16. Watch The Friends Thanksgiving EpisodesThe Friends Thanksgiving episodes are so funny! Adam and I start watching them early in November, but we’ve also watched them in just a day or two with my family. This is my favorite Thanksgiving recipe. There are 10 of these Friends episodes. They are:
- S1 E9 The One Where The Underdog Gets Away
- S2 E8 The One With The List
- S3 E9 The One With The Football
- S4 E8 The One With Chandler In A Box
- S5 E8 The One With All The Thanksgivings
- S6 E9 The One Where Ross Got High
- S7 E8 The One Where Chandler Doesn’t Like Dogs
- S8 E9 The One With The Rumor
- S9 E8 The One With Rachel’s Other Sister
- S10 E8 The One With The Late Thanksgiving