Here you’ll find an easy vegan Pad See Ew recipe that you’ll love! It’s delicious, simple to make, and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. Bonus: it takes less than 30 minutes to make!
Why make this recipe?
- Delicious flavors – The sriracha brings some nice heat and the hoisin sauce brings some sweetness.
- Easy – This recipe is so easy to make since it doesn’t have a lot of ingredients and only takes 25 minutes.
- Leftovers well – This dish tastes about the same if you leftover it and eat it the next day.
- One pan – You only need one pan to make this dish, which minimizes the dishes you’ll have to clean after.
- Wide rice noodles – The brand of pad see ew noodles I prefer to use is Nona Lim. I like how they don’t need to be cooked first, so they can just go right into the pan of your Thai stir fry dish.
- Broccoli – This is the only veggie I use because I love how it soaks up the sauce. You can switch this out for other veggies like carrots, zucchini, Chinese broccoli, and shallots if you don’t want broccoli though. You could substitute some veggies for tofu if you want that too.
- Sriracha – You can change the amount of sriracha depending on how spicy you like it. We like things a little spicy, but you don’t have to put as much as we do.
Related Content: 16 Delicious Vegan Thai Recipes That You’ll Love
Step by step instructions
Step 1 – Chop your broccoli and put in the pan with olive oil over medium heat.
Step 2 – Cook rice noodles according to package directions if they aren’t precooked.
Step 3 – When your broccoli is soft, add the rice noodles, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and Sriracha sauce to the pan.
Step 4 – Stir and cook over medium heat until the sauce is mostly soaked in.
Tips and tricks
- Once all ingredients are combined, don’t stir the stir-fry too much because this may cause a lot of noodles to break. I don’t mind when a few break, but don’t want scrappy pieces.
- The noodles might be stuck together when you open the package. If this is the case, let them soak in the sauce in the pan for a minute before stirring and they’ll start to come apart on their own.
Popular Pad See Ew Questions
Pad Thai uses thinner rice noodles and Pad See Ew uses wide rice noodles. Pad Thai is a savory dish that is both nutty and spicy. Pad See Ew has a sweeter sauce.
Pad See Ew noodles can be hard to find in a grocery store. You can find them online from Nona Lim’s website. The noodles in this recipe are from that company.
These noodles are made from rice, starch, and vegetable oil.
Easy Vegan Pad See Ew Recipe
- 10 oz wide rice noodles
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1.5 tsp Sriracha sauce
- Chop broccoli and put in pan with olive oil on medium heat
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions
- When broccoli is soft, add rice noodles, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and Sriracha sauce to pan
- Stir and cook until the sauce is mostly soaked in
- Broccoli can be substituted for any other veggies you’d like to use or tofu.
- Adjust the amount of Sriracha if you’d like it more or less spicy.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.