Vegan Fried Rice
Here you'll find a vegan fried rice recipe that you'll want to make over and over again. It is tasty, satisfying, full of fresh veggies, and a little spicy.
- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 6 cups veggies
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ⅔ cup soy sauce
- 2½ tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp chili garlic paste
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
Cook rice according to package directions
Chop veggies and garlic
Cook veggies and garlic in a pan with olive oil over medium heat
In a small bowl mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, chili garlic paste, sesame oil, and peanut butter
When the rice is cooked and veggies are soft, add the rice and sauce mixture to the pan with the veggies.
Mix everything together and keep over medium heat until sauce is mostly soaked in.
- You can adjust the spice level of the dish by adding more or less of the chili garlic paste. If you don't want it spicy at all, then omit the ingredient.
- Add any vegetables you would like to this recipe. My favorites to use are broccoli, carrots, onion, celery, edamame, peas, and corn. You can even do less veggies and add some tofu if you'd prefer that.
- If it doesn't come out saucey enough, add some extra soy sauce to the pan and mix it in.